Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Interview: Awakening by Cassandra Carr



**MAKE UP POST ~ ENTRY 3**
**Awakening by Cassandra Carr**




ZOMG! I have missed you all so much! I cannot even begin to describe how much I have missed all of this … the blog, reading, reviewing … EVERYTHING!!! I though the best way to mark my come back would be to make good on several posts that I missed when everything seemed to go downhill. I had every intention of getting these posts up, but life interfered big time and I feel like I should honor my word, even if it is rather late in the delivery. Sometimes posting information from several months back can be a bit tricky because sometimes the information changes. Covers may change, and book may have been re-released, a new publisher may come into play … basically a lot can happen in a matter of months. I believe that I have correct information in all of these posts, but if I missed anything, feel free to shoot me a note and I will be more than happy to update. With that said, these books and authors have waited far too long for their spotlights on the blog, so let’s get started. Without further delay, please allow me to introduce to the blog, ONCE AGAIN:


**CASSANDRA CARR**


**BIO**

Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out online. Cassandra's books have won numerous "Best Book Of" awards and her novella Unexpected Top was nominated in the E-book Erotic Romance category of RT's Reviewers' Choice Awards.

She thinks the best part of being a writer is how she writes about love and sex while most others struggle with daily commutes, micro-managing bosses and cranky co-workers. Her inspiration comes from everywhere, but she'd particularly like to thank the Buffalo Sabres, the hockey team near and dear to her heart.

To find out more about Ms. Carr, please visit:



**AWAKENING**
By reading any further, you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age.
If you are under the age of 18, please exit this site.

You are all in for a heck of a treat because I have a fun interview. At the time of this interview, Awakening was a new release. As far as I can tell, everything seems the same. However, if you notice anything that needs to be updated, please let me know. Following the interview is all of the information about the book. So be sure to check it out. Enjoy!


**INTERVIEW**
Thank you for joining us today, Ms. Carr. Let me start by asking, how has your life changed since becoming published?
It’s gotten SO MUCH BUSIER. There are a ton of things to do besides writing the actual book. You need to keep up websites/blogs/social media. Promotion has to be done for every book.
I was just talking about that with another author. Part of her advice was concerning how much happens behind the scene that ends up being the author’s responsibility. A lot of people don’t understand just how much goes into the process of a book. It is so very much more than writing a book. What is your typical day like?
I don’t have a typical day since my DD has to be picked up Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but on Tuesday and Thursday, I get her off to school, check out email, FB etc and then start writing or doing promotions. I don’t listen to music or watch TV while I write. I find it’s a distraction. I’m usually working from about 8:30am to 6:30pm on those days.
Sounds like the life of a busy mom and author. J Tell us a little about your current release Awakening.
Awakening is about a girl named Vanessa who’s doing research into BDSM and along the way, discovers she really likes it. Then the man who’s been mentoring her, Will, is injured, and the tables get turned.
Innnnnnnnnteresting! Any upcoming projects you would like to tell us about?
*takes deep breath*
On May 1st a bundle of sports romance books called Heart of a Champion releases.
On May 6th a trilogy of dark erotic (the Payment series) will come out.
On June 1st another bundle – the Occupational Hazards boxed set, will come out,
as well as Scorin’ on the Fourth of July, which is part of a series of shorts called Red Hot & BOOM.
On August 1st my Decadent novella, Burning Love, will release as part of their Calendar Men series.
On the 15th a male/male bundle, tentatively titled Boys Will Do Boys, is due out.
There’s another MM bundle too, not sure of the release date.
There are other things too, but I think that’s enough to give you all a starting point. ;-)
(These should all be released now. I included links that I could locate for each. Some I could not find.) You are crazy busy! How do you keep in contact with your readers?
Mostly through Facebook, though I do get some interaction through Twitter and various blogs.
What is your favorite thing about this book?
I love turning tropes on their heads. This could’ve been a trite book about a woman discovering her sexuality, but it’s more like a woman realizing she can be strong when she needs to be.
Nice! Any special quirks or habits when writing?
I know a lot of authors who have to do certain things when they write. I’m more of a “sit butt in chair, put words on paper” kind of girl.
I wouldn’t say that is a bad thing. Sounds like a determined to get it done thing. How do you celebrate when you finish a novel?
*snort* I wish I celebrated. Usually I have to move on to the next one immediately, so there’s really no celebration. Though I did finish the first draft of my upcoming dark erotica. Can I have a cupcake?
Cupcakes are definitely allowable. What about the hero and the heroine made you want to put them together?
I like doing the familiar in an unfamiliar way. The chance to turn a Dom into someone who couldn’t be strong was compelling.
I don’t think I have ever read a switch like that. It definitely sounds intriguing. What is one thing you know now that you wish you had known when you first started writing?
Write, write, write. Because after you publish, you won’t have enough time to write as often as you’d like to.
Good advice and one I hear echoed a lot. Salty or Sweet?
Both, or either, depending on my mood. Right now I’m eating kettle chips, so apparently I’m in a salty mood. Oh wait, I just remembered I have ice cream. Be right back…
Ha! I agree. I mean whoever came up with salted caramel is a genius! Alcoholic or Non-alcoholic?
I do enjoy the taste of alcohol. Things like interesting cocktails are fun to try. But obviously you can’t drink alcohol all the time. I also like large quantities of orange juice, diet raspberry Snapple and regular Pepsi.
You could drink all of the time. I wouldn’t recommend it, but you could. The diet drinks have a funny taste to me. Not sure how you drink that one. The others I am down with. What is your favorite drink?
Alcohol: Cosmopolitan; non-alcohol: Pepsi
Cosmo – huh. Seems like that gets mentioned a lot. Haven’t tried one. Maybe I should. Do you have a favorite inspirational quote?
The only thing that matters is how you see yourself.
That might be my favorite one shared so far. M&M’s or Skittles?
Why choose? Both are delicious. I wonder if I have any of those around here…
My kids like to squish skittles up together and mix the flavors before they eat them. It looks horrifying. But yes. Why choose? Good point. I might just delete that question now. *gins* E-reader or Paperback?
At this point, ebook. So much more convenient. I like being able to carry 200+ books so I can read what I want, when I want.
I still like the feel of the book. The convenience of an E-reader is unarguable. But I also know how easy it is to make the TBR pile bigger because of it. *cries*. I need more time to read. Favorite meal?
Pizza. I could eat it, all kinds of it, morning, noon and night. YUM
I just had some yesterday. I wonder if I have any left … dang it! Now I am hungry! That was totes fun! How about getting to know more about this awesome series? I thought so. Here you go my lovelies!



**AWAKENING**


**BLURB**

Vanessa Clark is doing a research paper for one of her last classes – Psychology of Sex – before receiving her Bachelors’ degree. Once she discovers the topic of BDSM, everything else pales in comparison. But where will she learn about it? The Internet has its limits, and Vanessa needs to talk to real-life practitioners of BDSM to really understand the lifestyle and write about it.

Will Astin, who serves as a dungeon master at a local BDSM club, doesn’t expect to find a gorgeous, irresistible young woman when he agrees to a meet and greet with a college student as a favor to the club’s owner. Even better, she’s interested in learning about BDSM for what he suspects are more than scholarly reasons, and Will decides he’s just the man to teach her about it, hopefully claiming her for his own.

Will and Vanessa begin a journey which teaches both of them there’s more to BDSM than meets the eye. In the process, they grow closer, but when Will’s job puts him in the line of fire – literally – their roles are reversed and Vanessa has to take charge. Can they handle the rapid shift in their burgeoning dynamic, or is their relationship doomed?

Buy Links



**EXCERPT**

Moving back just a half-step, as if he was afraid to lose physical contact with her, Will made short work of the fleece she wore and then swept her t-shirt over her head, tossing both on the old, ratty couch behind her and baring her to his hungry gaze. “Fucking beautiful. I want to see it all. Take off the rest of your clothes. Please, baby.”
Vanessa hesitated, knowing if she gave in now she’d lose a little piece of herself. At the same time, the possibility of what she might gain could very well outweigh anything that was gone. With a deep breath, she made a decision and pushed both her panties and yoga pants to the floor. Will groaned as she stepped out of them and then reached back to unclasp her bra. He sank to his knees in front of her, but she knew he was in no way being submissive. No, this Will was in charge, both of himself and of her. A little thrill stole through her.
“Put your foot up on the couch so I can see your pussy.”
No one had ever spoken to her in such a primitive, carnal manner, but damn if she didn’t like it. Vanessa did as he bade and he immediately slid two fingers through her slick folds before pushing them inside her. Consumed by sensation, she shuddered. When he began to fuck her with his fingers before leaning forward to take a long lick, she held his head, begging him not to stop.
He chuckled against her. “I’m not stopping until you fall apart all around me, until your bones liquefy.”
“Oh God.”
Will steered her closer to the couch, where she collapsed before he pulled her legs over his shoulders and continued plying her with his fingers and mouth from his position on the floor. “That’s it.” Taking her engorged clit inside his warm, wet mouth, Will sucked as he continued to pump two fingers in and out of her, rubbing over something delightful inside of her over and over. A few moments of exquisite torment later she exploded, her back arching as a cry was wrenched from the depths of her. Vanessa panted as her walls continued to constrict around his marauding fingers. It was the first real, full-fledged orgasm she’d ever had and now she knew what all those people raved about. Orgasms were fucking awesome.
“Yeah, baby, that’s it. I love the way you come for me.”
She looked down at him as he placed little butterfly kisses on her inner thighs. Once she’d recovered her breath, she asked, “How do you do that?”
He glanced up. “Do what?”
“Just…” she gestured in his general direction, “know what to do? How to get me off?”
Grinning, Will told her, “I pay attention.”
She felt her face grow hot at the thought of exactly what his attentions had done to her. “But to what?”
“To what you don’t react to. To the things that make you arch your back, or pull in a breath. It’s not that hard, really.”
Vanessa had a tough time not snorting. “Then why aren’t more guys able to do it?”
“Because they focus on their own pleasure. Was I focusing on my own pleasure?”
“No. Not at all. You’re still fully dressed, too. But you’re right. Especially the guys my age just care about themselves. That’s, um, actually the first time I’ve ever had what I’d call a really good orgasm.”
She pulled an afghan off the back of the couch and dropped it over her naked frame, suddenly feeling very exposed.
Will seemed to sense her discomfort and didn’t ask her any questions about what she’d just revealed. “Cold?”
“A little,” she lied.
“I’ll warm you up.” He rose and scooped her off the couch. Vanessa shrieked, surprised he could even move that fast. “Where’s the bedroom?”
“Not hard to find in this shoebox apartment. Down the hall.”
Will strode in that direction and she just held on, her arms stretched around his neck.
“Ah, this must be it, since the other one was filled with art supplies.” He walked into her bedroom and dropped her on the bed before following her down and covering her with his larger body. “Hi.”
Vanessa giggled. “Hi.”
“You have no idea how much I want you.”
“I think I might have some idea,” she countered, glancing pointedly at where their pelvises came together.
He laughed. “A fair point.”
His bulk pressed Vanessa into the mattress, and she realized she didn’t feel claustrophobic or antsy like she had with the few other lovers she’d had. Instead, she embraced it. She reveled in it. Will wasn’t huge, but no doubt stronger, and yet he handled her with the utmost care. Of course, that explosive orgasm might have something to do with her lack of interest in moving. She couldn’t believe that while no other man she’d slept with had been able to bring her to orgasm, Will hardly had to try and she was going wild. Vanessa had never been a masturbator. The few times she’d tried with her own hands it had reminded her of trying to tickle herself. Just…nothing.
Will tapped her temple with his index finger. “Hey, where did you go just now?”
“Nowhere. Just thinking.”
“What did I tell you about that?”
“I know, I know. It’s just hard to turn off. My brain is always whirling with stuff.”
“Hmm,” he mused. “Either I’m doing something wrong or you need to be distracted in some way so you can focus on the here and now. I have a couple of ideas. Are you game?”
“That depends. What ideas?”
“I was thinking maybe we could explore a little. Maybe a blindfold and having your hands tied? I know you’re a little wary of bondage, but I can tie you so you could free yourself at any time if you wanted to. It might be a good way to ease you into it, show you it doesn’t have to be scary. Would you try it?”
Vanessa swallowed around the combination of excitement and anxiety building inside her. “Yeah, I can try,” she whispered. He leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before leaning back to kneel between her still-spread legs. Squirming, she asked him, “Could you undress before you blindfold me? I feel a little weird lying here naked while you’re still fully clothed.”
“Well, right now you’re submitting to me–in a very loose manner, but you are, particularly if I blindfold you and bind your hands. It’s not uncommon for the Dom to be dressed while the sub is naked. It shows you have trust in me that I’m not going to injure you, humiliate you, or whatever else your fear might be.”
“Okay. How about this? I want you to undress so I can see that gorgeous body you’ve been hiding under all those clothes. Are you going to deny me the pleasure?” She raised one eyebrow and waited for his reaction.
“You drive a hard bargain, lady. But after this I’m going to blindfold and bind you and then have some fun.” He grinned and Vanessa’s breath caught. Will was totally hot.
He stood and then reached for the buttons on the front of his shirt. As his chest was revealed just an inch or two at a time, Vanessa squirmed again, but for an entirely different reason. She’d never been a fan of muscle-bound guys, but the lean frame Will possessed was perfect.
He had just the right amount of what looked like soft, curly chest hair, and that hair narrowed to the so-called “treasure trail”. After he pulled the shirt over his head and then started on his pants, Vanessa agreed with that description. It truly was a treasure trail. Yum. Strong legs showed sinewy muscles that suggested he exercised regularly, and his cock, already at full staff, curled up toward his navel.
“Very nice.”
Will barked out a laugh. “I’m glad you approve.”
Copyright 2014, Cassandra Carr


Wow! So what do you think? That was a crazy hot way to start the day, yes? Good lawd. This book is definitely interesting and sounds like something I would read. But I really want to know what you guys thought. Is this series something you would read? What did you like best about the featured books? Have you read Ms. Carr’s before? I welcome all comments. Your feedback is always welcome.  And what about that interview? How fun was that? I love being able to glimpse into the life of an author beyond the books. I hope you all enjoyed your time here today.

As always, buy links are included in the post. If you are so inclined, purchase the books for yourself. There is no better way to support an author. I would like to thank each and every one of you for joining us today. I would also like to thank the wonderful Sizzling PR, the company that originally scheduled this interview.  I hope you all had a blast getting to know a bit about Ms. Carr and her book, Awakening. Wishing you all a fabulous day. Until next time …

HAPPY READING!!!

2 comments:

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)