Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday - 10



**Welcome to the Feature & Follow**


If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
Now to make this #FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link (on Parajunkee's site) above FEATURES --> Feature and Follow Hop --> and get on the waiting list! It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

**Parajunkee's Feature - Hesperia Loves Books**

My name is Alyssa & I read to save my sanity, plain & simple. I am a married mother of 3 (2 of which are teenagers, yay me!) who needs an escape from the eye rolls, attitude and day to day drama that comes along with raising teenagers. Without books, I would be medicated.

I started blogging just a little over a year ago. I wanted to find a community where I where could discuss all the books I had read, find new ones to read & to enter giveaways to possible get free ones. Never did I imagine the world it has opened for me or that I would truly find something I LOVE to do, design!

**Allison Can Read's Feature – Novel Days**



My name is Britta and I will forever be a part of the 'Incurable Bibliophiles Society for Dreamy Souls.' I'm in the midst of completing an MA in Creative Writing, which alloted me the opportunity to spend a year in the emerald land speckled with sheep and middle English. I call it Middle Earth, the world calls it Wales. My goal is to become J.K. Rowling's understudy someday. I also would like to spend my entire life around books. Until then, brisk walks to the Strand Bookstore will do! I started Novel Days because my free time is taken up with books, and I wanted to document my finds/thoughts, as well as make new friends who I can celebrate these novels with. I specialize in YA Fiction, but I do read other genre's. At the moment, I'm reading Paper Towns by John Green, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, and will soon start on Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

 

**Question**

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

A:Wow. I can't say that I have read a book with a bad cover. At least, not recently enough that I can think of it. Hmmm ... nope. I got nothin'! I will say that covers can make or break a book for me. I feel like if the publisher or author cannot take the time to try to snag my attention with arguably their biggest marketing tool, then I shouldn't waste my time. However, I did recently talk to a friend who is published and she was telling me that she has a cover she absolutely abhors. She had no control over the cover At. All. But then it it the publisher's responsibility to grab me, right? Maybe I am a bit too harsh with that perspective, but the cover is the deal maker or breaker for me. Especially if I haven't read the author before.

 

**Okay ... Rules**

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  7. If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, no bad covers? Lucky you, hehe. x)

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renu ~ I am sure I have come across some of them. But it has not been anything recent, so I completely drew a blank. ACK! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I had a hard time thinking of books with bad covers. If I see a cover that I love, I really look at it. If I see a cover that I'm meh about, I tend to not look too closely, lol!

    New follower!

    Here's our FF

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie. I have to agree. The "meh" covers I just glance by. The "WOAH" covers, I take in every detail. Then, after I read the book, I check the cover for accuracy. I get annoyed when the cover models have the wrong color hair or something like that. Maybe that is weird. But I own a business and your first impression can make or break you. Sad in some cases, but true. Covers do a lot in swaying my decision to read unless I am already familiar with the author and don't care if it has a picture of a flying pig covered in feathers on it. LOL Thanks so much for stopping by and have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. It's so sad that authors don't always have control over the cover of a book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! *waves* Good to see you again! And I agree. Probably one of the bigger tragedies of the industry. For my friends, they were excited to be published, so they went with it. But they had no idea they would get such a tacky cover. Covers are a big deal for a lot of readers and for the publishing company to produce such mediocre results makes me wonder how much they really care, you know? Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)