Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday - 11



**Welcome to the Feature & Follow**


If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
Now to make this #FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link (on Parajunkee's site) above FEATURES --> Feature and Follow Hop --> and get on the waiting list! It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

**Parajunkee's Feature - Reading With ABC**


My name is Liza and I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. I have been living in the US for over 15 years, since the Love of My Life joined the military. We have three wonderful boys:
A – is a teenager
B – is going to start middle school next school year
C – is going to first grade soon


Yes, my children’s names actually start with one of the first letter of the alphabet, and I will refer to them by A, B and C in my blog. I created my blog in May of 2011 to have a place to share one of biggest passions in life (besides my family and my work) READING. I have always loved reading. Yes, I was the kind of girl that read all the time, the kind to teenager that read all summer, and the kind of adult that still finds time to read and talk about it. 


Lately I have re-discovered Young Adult literature and I have been reading mostly YA and following YA blogs for over a year. Since my husband went to Iraq about two years ago I found refuge in reading and I fell in love again with YA.

**Allison Can Read's Feature – The Fairytale Nerd**


My name is JoAnne. I like pink. It's actually my favorite color. I absolutely love reading. I just graduated from law school (2011), and I'm supposed to be studying for the bar (key word is suppose). In truth, I don't know if I still want to be a lawyer. I really love reading. I have an e-reader. I am not sporty. Reading is my life. I can't dance. I can't sing. I co-own an internet cafe with my boyfriend. I am a freelance writer. I love reading! And the only thing I want to do for the rest of my life is read YOUNG ADULT BOOKS. When I was in law school, I did't have the time for blogging, or anything else for that matter. So, it was only 2 months ago when I tried blogging about books, and now I am completely addicted to it. As for my favorite reads, I LOVE the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. It's my number one favorite book!

   

**Question**

Q: What is the best book you’ve read in the last month? What is the worst book you’ve read in the last month?

A:Holy Cow! I have been very lucky since, well .. I have been really lucky this year so far. I can't say that I Have read a worst book yet. I did read Touch of A Rogue by Mia Marlowe and while it was somewhat unexpected, I still enjoyed the story. However, the ending was abrupt and kind of disappointed me. Huge climax and then the curtain closes. WHAT? It has been getting good reviews, but it had some flaws in my opinion. The best? Wow! There are a couple of them. Fever by Joan Swan was EX-CELL-ENT! A debut author, she is one to watch. The same absolutely goes for Heather Snow's debut release Sweet Enemy! And I also lurved The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen. *whispers* I linked the reviews in case you want to check them out. *wink* Bur seriously, all of the ARCs I have had the opportunity to review so far this year have been wonderful. Fantastic year so far - I can't wait to see what the rest of it has in store for us.

 

**Okay ... Rules**

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  7. If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday - new follower stopping by on the Friday follow . . .

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob! Great to meet you. Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy St. Patty's Day! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Fever. I am glad to hear that you liked it.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZOMG! Fever is so terrific, Kristin! Joan is guesting on the blog on Monday, so be sure to stop back by. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy St. Patty's Day and have a terrific weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. I haven't read any of your books. I'll have to check them out.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alison! I really enjoyed them. I hope you do too. Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi :)
    Thank you for stopping by my FF
    I'm unfamiliar with the books you have mentioned but I see have read several books I loved as well. I'm an old Linky follower so I'm following you GFC now!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you again! Seems like there are a lot of new-to-me books and authors mentioned this week. But that can be a good thing. A few I was interested in checking out. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a fun St. Patty's Day! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the follow, I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza,
      Thanks so much! :D Hope your weekend was fantastic.

      Delete

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)