Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Feature: The Red Lily by Juliette Cross (Vampire Blood)



**The Red Lily by Juliette Cross**





Good Morning! I recently featured the book The White Lily on my blog and I thought it would be fun to find out more about another book in the series. I absolutely adored the sneak peek I was given in The White Lily. This series combines my favorite loves – Historical Romance and Vampires! Yes, please! Now I know that these genres together are somewhat ill-matched, but when the writing is on point, it can be a magical combination. Ms. Cross seems to have that gift. And if we don’t all read to escape into a world we imagine through the words of the writers, then what is the point – no matter the genre. I just want enjoyable characters with an engaging plot. I feel like that is what we have here. So without further delay, please allow me to feature on the blog, Juliette Cross and her book THE RED LILY, part of the VAMPIRE BLOOD series …








**Juliette Cross**

**BIO**
Juliette is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance and lives in lush, moss-laden Louisiana where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab, Kona. She loves reading and writing brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes.

From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance. Even then, she not only longed to read more novels set in Gothic worlds, she wanted to create her own.

 To find out more about Mr. Cross, please visit:









**THE RED LILY**

Title: THE RED LILLY
Series: VAMPIRE BLOOD (Book 2)
Book Length: 90K
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing


 **BLURB**

The Black Lily resistance needs a larger army if they are to defeat the vampire monarchy. In order to do so, former lieutenant and traitor to the vampire Crown, Nikolai must seek help from the red-hooded temptress he needs to avoid at all costs. The secret he carries could prove dangerous for her if she gets too close…even though keeping her close—very close—is the only thing on his mind.

Sienna will do anything for the Black Lily, and when Nikolai asks for her assistance to gain the trust of the commonwealth, it’s the last thing she wants to do. The thought of leaving her woods and her wolves behind is terrifying…not to mention the danger being with Nikolai poses.

Buy Links
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34413435-the- red-lily
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-red- lily-juliette-cross/1126454424?ean=9781633759411
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-red- lily/id1240304441
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072C3V4DQ









 **EXCERPT**

By reading any further, you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age.
If you are under the age of 18, please exit this site.

What can I do for you?” he asked so casually that Sienna felt her pulse pound even faster.

“Are you utterly mad?”

“Sweetheart, you will have to come right out and tell me what has made you so furious.”

“Lieutenant, she could be a spy for the queen.”

“Who? Colette?” Nikolai’s perfect mouth slid into a salacious grin, his canines sharp and ready. “Highly doubtful. Colette is motivated by other means.”

“You’re a fool to fall into such a woman’s trap.”

His smile faded. “Am I?” He edged closer, standing straight. “And what trap is that?”

“She’s just using you.” Unable to bite back her tongue, Sienna continued on. “She’s a…a blood whore.”

He corralled her till her back hit the wall. “Oh, she most definitely is that.”

“You’ve been with her before, haven’t you?”

“A vampire must feed.” He braced one hand above her head, his gaze intent and watchful. “And I am very hungry, sweetheart. The voyage from Cutters Cove was over a week on the ocean, and I haven’t fed since we set on land. I came directly to find you, my primary objective.” His voice dropped two octaves when he said the last, his body inching closer. “You do not like Colette? Fine then. Choose another for me, and I’ll proposition her.”

“Proposition?”

“A vampire must pay for his services. Either in coin. Or pleasure.”

Her breath came rapidly as she remained transfixed on his vampire eyes, glowing a supernatural blue.

“Which did you offer Colette? For her services?”

“Ah, well, Colette is one of those women who pretends to be a bleeder for the money and the hardships she must overcome in life.” He swept a long lock of Sienna’s hair over her shoulder, one finger trailing across her collarbone and shoulder. She tried to hide her shiver, but failed. “But what she really wants is the pleasure. If Colette upsets you, I will certainly choose another. There are at least two more in the room who would be willing.”

Sienna’s mouth fell open in shock. “How do you know that?” she asked, darting a glance to the side but seeing no one. The crowd still hovered close to the Barrow brothers, and Nikolai effectively blocked out the world, forcing her attention only on him. He grazed a finger along her jaw, sliding it down her neck to where her pulse beat rapidly in her throat. She thought his canines grew even longer right before her eyes, but it must’ve been a trick of the light.

“I know, because I have been alive over a century. And in that time I have studied the mannerisms of mankind. I know all the tells a woman makes when she wants me. The furtive glance. The parted mouth. The rapid heartbeat. The light sheen of sweat on her skin as she pretends I cannot tell it is all for me.”

Hoping her voice didn’t tremble too much, she asked, “And there are others in this room who fit this description?”

“Indeed. The barmaid, Lizzie, is one. And there’s a farmer’s daughter still sitting on a barrel of ale in the back who will serve. So tell me, sweetheart. Who will it be? I’ll let you choose.”









See what I mean? I’m so all over this series. I should be reviewing THE WHITE LILY shortly and you know I’ll be blogging about my thoughts. What about you guys? Do you prefer to read a believable scenario within the pages of your books, or is something unlikely, but intriguing none-the-less acceptable? Would you read this series? What attracts you to it, or puts you off? And has anyone read Ms. Cross before? I’d love to read your thoughts! Your feedback is always wanted.  I hope you all enjoyed your time here today. A thanks to Paranormal Cravings Book Tours for putting all of the info together. And a special thank you to Ms. Cross for allowing us to feature her book today!
As always, buy links are included in the post. If you are so inclined, purchase the book for yourself. There is no better way to support an author. I would like to thank each and every one of you for joining us today. Wishing you all a fabulous day. Until next time …

HAPPY READING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)