Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
This pic is somewhat lame also. I have a new mission and that is to get
to the food and take a picture before the kids get to it! *nods*


What I Thought:
Best pumpkin cupcakes EVER! Oh my goodness! I am going to make these year-round! They are super moist and packed with flavor! And the cream cheese icing … YUMM-O! The icing is the best I have ever tasted! And in fact I will be replacing many previous cream cheese icing recipes with this one from now on. Don’t believe me? Try it! It is fabulous!

Changes I Made:
None. I followed this recipe exactly.  The only difference being that I did not use all McCormick spices.

Tips:
Can’t think of any. I was beyond pleased with the finished product!


Yield: 24 cupcakes           Units: US | Metric

Ingredients: 
1 package (15 1/4 to 18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick® Cloves, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cloves
1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat all ingredients, except Spiced Cream Cheese
    Frosting, in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened,
    scraping side of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well
    blended.
2. Spoon batter into 24 lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup
    2/3 full.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool
    in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
4. For Frosting: Beat all ingredients except confectioners' sugar in large bowl until
    light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
5. Frost cooled cakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting.

Original Link Found At:   McCormick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)