Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recipe: Creamy Caramel Apple Glaze

Creamy Caramel Apple Glaze





What I Thought:
I could eat this dip with a spoon straight from the pot and be as happy as can be! No lie! It was the absolute best caramel dip I have ever made! You MUST try this dip! Caramel lovers will never try another dip again! And it is soooooo easy!


Changes I Made:
None. I followed this recipe exactly.


Tips:
Do NOT get distracted cooking something else while you are waiting for the liquid to reduce. I did and had to start over because I reduced it to nothing. Let me tell you that burned apple juice does NOT smell pleasant! Bleck!
I only used apples for this recipe. I feel like donut holes and all that other sweet stuff would be too much and compromise the delicious caramel as it is. I used the soft green apples this time. Not the Granny Smith ones, but those would be phenomenal to use with the tart and sweet.
The recipe says it can be used for caramel apples, but it is not super thick so I am not sure that it would work that well unless you had a way to thicken it up some.
I had quite a bit left as you do not need very much. I covered the glaze with plastic wrap and popped it into the fridge and used it for several days before it was gone. It thickened a bit in the fridge, but still remained soft so I did not find it necessary to soften it in the microwave.



Yield: 2 Cups              Units: US | Metric




Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice

1 3inch cinnamon stick

1 cup Kraft caramel bits

1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream

sliced apples


Optional Toppings:

doughnut holes or vanilla ice cream

chopped salted peanuts

sprinkles

miniature chocolate chips


Directions:


1.     Place apple juice and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup about 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.

2.     Reduce heat to medium add caramel bits, half at a time, whisking after each addition until caramels are melted. Stir into cream. keep warm until ready to serve.

3.     Transfer to a serving dish. Serve with doughnut holes or apples  for dipping . You can also make a delicious ice cream topping out of this recipe, then if you want it is even better sprinkled with toppings. I had two bowls! If the mixture becomes thick warm in microwave.


Original Link Found At:    TasteOfHome.com ~ however, I could not view the recipe. I found the same recipe here at NoteCook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)