Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recipe: Sweet Corn Muffins

Sweet Corn Muffins



What I Thought:
These are phenomenal! I mean who doesn’t love corn bread or corn muffins anyway? Forget the soup and chili, I will eat nothing but corn muffins for my meal. *nods* I generally make the corn bread in the pan, but this time I made the muffins. Either way, they are delicious! Super easy, super moist, and super flavorful!


Changes I Made:
None, I followed this recipe exactly with the exception of the muffin cups. I used nonstick pans so did not have to use the muffin cups. However, I sometimes spray the inside of the pan with nonstick cooking spray just in case. Nonstick does not always translate to nonstick for some unknown reason. *confuzeled*


Tips:
Eat lots! But wait until after your meal so that you don’t at just muffins like I do.
These muffins do not need it, but I love to serve it hot with butter and or honey. But even better, hot with honey butter already blended together. Yum! Seriously, I am going home to make this again because now I want them. Not even joking!



Yield: 20 Muffins              Units: US | Metric




Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted


Directions:
1.     PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups.

2.     COMBINE flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.

3.     BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm.

Original Link Found At:    AlbersCorn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)