Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Recipe: Chicken Pasta Veggie Goodness



Chicken Veggie Pasta Goodness





What I Thought:
This was amazing! I threw this together based on what I had on hand. Just a few ingredients and Viola! Dinner! Or lunch – this can be eaten warm, or cold as a salad.


Changes I Made:
Nothing – I threw it together – But there is some room to play based on what you have on hand.


Tips:
Seriously, there aren’t any. Just grab what you have that is close and throw it all together. I will say that I used a mixed vegetable with pasta shells package that I purchased through Schwans. It was super easy and very good!



Yield: 12ish Cups              Units: US | Metric




Ingredients: 

3 – 5 Chicken Breasts (Cooked – boil, grill, bake, whatever)
2 – 3 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables (canned or fresh is fine)
2 – 4 Cups Pasta (Cooked - Your choice but I would not use anything long like spaghetti – Macaroni, Penne, Small shells, etc. would be good.
1 – 2 Jars Pasta Sauce – (Any kind you like – I would recommend an alfredo or cheese variety)


Directions:
1.     COOK chicken breasts through by any method you prefer. I boiled mine but you can bake, grill, or whatever you like.

2.     DICE chicken after it is slightly cooled and add it to a pot or mixing bowl. Set aside.

3.     BOIL – or heat fresh, frozen, or canned veggies. Any combination is fine based on your vegetable preference. Drain (if necessary), and add to pot or bowl with chicken. Set aside.

4.     BOIL pasta and cook through. I prefer al dente. Always salt your boiling water. After cooked, drain, add to pot or bowl, and set aside.

5.     POUR pasta sauce over chicken, veggies, and pasta and mix well. You can use a red sauce if you prefer, but I found that alfredo or cheese sauces tend to taste better. My favorite variety for this dish is the Prego Alfredo Sauce flavored with Savory Bacon. So good!

6.       SERVE immediately – or chill completely in air tight container and serve cold. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)