Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday - 2


**Welcome to the Feature & Follow**



If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
Now to make this #FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link (on Parajunkee's site) above FEATURES --> Feature and Follow Hop --> and get on the waiting list! It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.


**Feature – Lauren’s Book Blog**

 

PhotobucketMy name is Lauren and my blog is Lauren’s Book Bag – not very original I know. Books have been my passion ever since I can remember and I turned my love of reading into a profession by becoming a college lecturer in English literature. I recently received my Ph.D. in Children’s literature and wrote on the Philosophy of Evil in J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series.
I have been blogging for about 5 months now and love every minute. My blog is quite eclectic but leans toward romance, particularly romantic suspense, paranormal romance and historical romance. In addition to reading and blogging, I enjoy watching films and playing video games.


**Feature – Books and Barks**

 

Photobucket

My name is Jennifer, I'm 28 years old, and yes - I'm a bookaholic. There, I said it. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? I love to read. If you don't catch me reading, I'm most likely book shopping. I turned my spare bedroom into my own personal library. One day I came across a group of people on Facebook who are just as much into reading as I am. Book Club was started over our love of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. Finally we had other people to discuss our love of Eric with! Now we read and discuss many other series as well, focusing mainly on paranormal.

Talking books with a group led me to creating my blog. I thought to myself, what are some of the things I love most. The answer - books and dachshunds. So that's how Books and Barks was born. Its fun getting to share all of the wonderful books I've found with other readers. The focus on my blog is mostly adult and YA paranormal romance and fantasy, and some of my favorite authors are Jeaniene Frost, Nalini Singh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Ilona Andrews and Eileen Wilks. Trust me, there are lots more!

Okay, enough about me. Back to my books I go...

**Question**

Q: Letter to Santa: Tell Santa what books you want for Christmas!

A: Wow! What books do I NOT want would be the more appropriate question. Anything really! I am always looking for more to read. I suppose one obvious answer would be anything in my to-read pile that I have yet to obtain. After that, there are two series I have been wanting to read, but have yet to find the time - the first is the Cat and Bones series and the second is J.R Ward. I have heard tremendous praise about both series, so I do want to jump into those worlds as soon as I can. Perhaps Santa can grant me some more free time to read? That would be awesomesauce! *nods*

 

**Rules**

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
  7. If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

18 comments:

  1. I need Santa to do that as well. Give me some free time to read. Great answer. New follower. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grace!
    Wouldn't we all love a bit more free time? That would be wonderful! I appreciate you stopping by. I am heading to your blog next. See you soon! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read JR Wards series, so maybe I'll do that over winter break while Santa (hopefully) brings you her books! Great pick!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by Jessica. I home-school my kids, so I am hoping with the lull in school work, I will have more time to read. Hoping, hoping, hoping! I will keep my fingers crossed that you have time to read more as well. I am headed to your blog next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The JR Ward books are VERY VERY good! You will love them :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another recommendation Brunette. I have yet to hear anything negative. I am really looking forward to experiencing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. More time would be a great gift! Following.

    Preet
    A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Preet! Thanks so much for following. I will be checking your site out shortly. :) I do not know a single person who wouldn't love more time for the funner things in live - specifically (for me anyway) reading. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the first one in the JR Ward series and it was pretty good. I haven't read book 2 yet though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know, Giselle! Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Follower!

    I really hope Santa grants you your wish!

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those 2 series are some of my favourites they are fantastic, new follower. here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices.
    Thanks for stopping by and I'm following back.
    I will send you an email with the scrolling instructions. Hopefully sometime today.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moonlight,
    Thanks very much for stopping by the blog! I appreciate your time and the follow. I returned the favor as well. :) I will keep my fingers crossed that Santa provides both books on your list for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah,
    Thanks for stopping by. I have yet to hear anything negative with either series. Seems like I just keep hearing more good every time I mention them. :) I do not see you as a follower. :( But I will take a look at your blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lauren,
    I really appreciate the follow back. And thanks so much for sending the instructions. I will be looking for them. Your assistance is appreciated more then you know! Have a terrific weekend!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Cat & Bones series by Jeaniene Frost is awesome! I just discovered it a couple of weeks ago and have made it to book #4 already!

    I’m a new follower :)
    http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel,
    That is fantastic to know. My hope is that I can use the holiday to read the series and that I will love them so much that I will speed through them. This gives me hope. :) Thanks so much for the follow! I am on my way to your blog now. :)
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)