Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Spotlight with author Cate Masters


Book Spotlight with author Cate Masters



Hello my lovelies! I am really excited about this spotlight. Cate Masters in another new-to-me author, but I know I have heard her name here and there. And after I saw the cover to this book I was like – Oh, yeah! MUST spotlight this book on the blog! *nods* I mean how can you have such a fabulous cover and not want to read it, right? Exactly! And let’s face it. For new-to-me authors, the cover can make a huge impact on my final decision whether to read or not. Yeah, yeah, the cliché. Well sometimes you have no choice except to judge a book by its cover when you very little else to go by. And yes, I know that some authors have no control what-so-ever over the cover their book gets. And that. Is. Tragic. Seriously! I could go on and on about that topic, but we are here to learn more about Ms. Masters and her book. And in the cover department Ms. Masters hit the ball out of the park! So let’s get on with the post then, shall we?


**CATE  MASTERS**

Cate Masters loves romance with a dash of magic and mayhem! Multi-published in contemporary to historical, sweet to erotic, fantasy/dark fantasy to speculative, she sometimes mashes genres. Reviewers have described her stories as “so compelling, I did not want to put it down,” and “such romantic tales that really touch your soul.”

When not spending time with her family, she can be found in her lair, concocting a magical brew of contemporary, historical, and fantasy/paranormal stories with her cat Chairman Maiow and dog Lily as company.

Look for her at http://catemasters.blogspot.com, and in strange nooks and far-flung corners of the web. Cate loves to hear from readers! If you’re too shy to post here, friend her on Facebook or Goodreads, or email her at: cate.masters@gmail.com



**DEAD  TO  RIGHTS**

 **BLURB**

Identity theft sucks. But it’s worse when someone steals your life—body included. All memory of her life before waking up in a mental facility has vanished. Or was erased. Now she has to figure out how to get it all back….

Her only hope of learning the truth lies with one man. Problem is, he’s the leader of a cult.

Her only choice is to follow him into his sordid world, where a darker evil lurks.
With a little help from an archangel hell bent on revenge, she may have a chance to learn the truth. But will it force her to make the hardest decision of her life…or death?


Oh! Oh! There is a trailer! Weeeeee! Chickity check it out, Yo!



**EXCERPT**
(adult content)

“Get off me,” I hissed, but somehow felt safe when he instead lifted his elbows on either side, shielding me.

A dangerous illusion. He was one of them, a weird ninja warrior. This smacked of a setup.

He murmured, “I told you, play along. No one will bother us if they think we’re making out.”

Oh, that’s a new one. But it held a ring of truth, though I worried he’d relay everything I said in person. “What the hell’s going on?”

He scanned the compound. “You’re lucky they didn’t shoot you.”

Funny, at close range, he couldn’t seem to look me in the eye. “No one ever said we couldn’t go for a freaking walk.”

“Not at night,” he said, “and never into the woods.”

Sounded like a bad Halloween flick. “Oh, seriously.” I shifted between his raised arms.

His eyes flashed bright in the darkness. “Fine. You want to know why not? Because all along the outer perimeter, camouflaged guards hide. Armed with automatic machine guns. That is, if you make it past the traps.”

So it had been the click of a gun. What the hell kind of traps? Too many questions raced through my head, so I simply asked, “Why?”

Sounding bemused, he said, “The reverend doesn’t like unannounced visitors.”

Except for horny females. “Or followers who stray, I guess.”

He went on. “In this area, no one questions gunfire, whether single shots or rapid fire, day or dead of night. No other member would question someone’s disappearance.”

Cold crawled across my skin. “So we’re prisoners.”

This seemed to cheer him. “Only technically.”

A laugh burst out. “Oh, I love your positive spin on the situation. But I take issue with its accuracy.” I studied him in the dim light. “If we’re not allowed in the woods, what were you doing out there?”

His voice deadpan, he said, “Saving you.”

Oh, that couldn’t have been the only reason. “You risked your life to follow me? Why?”

He grinned. “No one should be shot for ignorance.”


Buy Link:

*whispers* I am sure there are other places to buy, but I found these on my own so I thought I would give y’all what I had.

OH! And this is a complete side line, but those of you who know, I have tremendously enjoyed the many stories I have read in Decadent Publishing’s 1 NIGHT STAND series. And guess what? Ms. Masters has a book in the series! *bounces up and down in my chair* That. Is. Exciting!!!! So here is another link for you all to check out if you are so inclined.



Okay! So what did you all think? I know, I have been teasing you all lately with a ton of excerpts, but this book has voodoo power. One look and the reader wants it. So let’s talk covers this time. What role does a cover play in your decision to read a new author. And if you are familiar with the author already, do you take the cover in to consideration still? I am really interested in your responses so let me know!

As always, I really hope that you enjoyed your time with me today. Hopefully you found Ms. Masters and her book to your liking and will have the pleasure of experiencing another great read!

Until next time …
HAPPY READING!!!



5 comments:

  1. Oo, voodoo power - I love it! :) I'm going to buy that spell for all my books, lol. Thank you so much for having me here today! And Decadent's been wonderful to me. I actually have another 1NS, a contemporary called Tonight You Belong to Me. And a very cool paranormal coming soon from them, Death Is A Bitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best way I could describe the cover. It draws you in almost like a spell. :) Glad you appreciated it! I wish you the same for all of your future releases.

      Delete
  2. Another one from the prolific write, Cate Masters.
    Cate, you haven't written a book I haven't enjoyed reading. How do you do that?
    Of course, this looks like another winner to me. Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it.

    Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrie ~ I love getting feedback about authors I feature on the blog ~ especially new-to-me authors. Thanks so much for your comments. I am glad to know I have many other works by Ms. Masters to keep me reading for some time to come. Thanks very much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful compliment, Lorrie. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)