Reader’s Edyn

I always felt like I could do something more than just read. Finally, I have found both a creative outlet and a chance to do something meaningful with my reading. This blog was created in appreciation of and tribute to all of the authors who have brought me joy through their books. These reviews are my way of giving back to authors and providing recognition for the hard work that each one completes every day!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Review: Dark Menace MC: Stone by Tory Richards





Title: Dark Menace MC: Stone
Author: Tory Richards
Release Date: August 31, 2015
Sold By: Amazon.com Services LLC
Category: Contemporary – Romance – MC – Erotica – Suspense
Type: Digital – Paperback












Blurb: 

Rachel offers herself to Stone, the president of an outlaw motorcycle club, as collateral for her family's debt, and becomes the target of a rival club. Wildman, president of the Red Devils, wants her, but so does Stone--and he’ll do whatever it takes to protect her from the evil bastard who calls himself her step-father.




By reading any further, you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age.
If you are under the age of 18, please exit this site.




Favorite Line(s):

"You want to bite someone, baby, bite me," he snarled low into my face. "I like biting."  ~  Stone




Excerpt:

          I watched as the man standing over Ronald walked over to the old hutch against the wall. He picked up a framed picture of me and Maddie, taken on the last Fourth of July weekend when we were at the beach. 
          “Hey, Prez.”He walked close enough to hand him the photo. “Check this out. I see something valuable here, don’t you?”His craggy face held a smile that bordered on pure evil. It seemed as if they were speaking some kind of code. 
          Prez seemed to look down at the picture for a long time. I felt heat fill my cheeks because Maddie and I were in swimsuits. She was wearing a barely-there bikini, showing off what little curves she had. She’d always been on the thin side, while I, on the other hand, had curves to spare. I wasn’t fat, but I did have curves in all the right places. The swimsuit that I wore in the photo was a two-piece, and my large boobs were barely contained in the cups. The wrap I had on was hanging at an angle and low on my hips, emphasizing the curve of my waist and hips. 
          I couldn’t help wondering what he was thinking as he stared down at the image. Finally he said, “I don’t know.”He turned the photo toward the two men behind me so they could see it. “What do you brothers think? See anything of value?”
          “I see something of fucking interest,” said one of the twins, giving me a wink. A wink! 
          It suddenly hit me at what they were getting at. 
          Collateral. 
          “Yeah, that works,” said the twin I’d kneed in the balls. 
          “No!”I hissed. “You can’t have her! You can’t use people as collateral! That’s insane!”I began to struggle again, kicking backwards at anything that I could nail. I thought about sweet, innocent Maddie in their hands. She was fragile and always had been. The only thing on my mind when I bent and sank my teeth into the arm crushing me was protecting my baby sister. 
          He grunted and let me go, but I went from one captor to another. Prez grabbed my wrists and brought them around my back, securing them with one large hand. Then he jerked me up against him so that our bodies were flush. I was panting heavily, and trying to hold back tears of helplessness. He didn’t just look like a solid mass of muscle, he was hard all over, like a rock. 
          “You want to bite someone, baby, bite me,” he snarled low into my face. “I like biting.”
          His words caused something warm to flip-flop in my belly, but I quickly brushed it aside. “You can’t have her!”I said, glaring up at him. I held back a groan at the pleasant feel of my hardened nipples brushing against his massive chest. The weakness left me feeling slightly annoyed. Why now, and with this man, in this insane situation, did my libido kick in? It suggested to me that the lackluster sex between Jimmy and me wasn’t satisfying. 
          I twisted in an effort to break his strong hold. “Cut off whatever you want on Ronald, but you can’t have my sister!”
          Anger flashed in his eyes, turning them volcanic. I could feel his body tense against mine. The next thing I knew he was walking me backwards until my back hit the wall. My breath caught at the wildness of his expression. He looked as if he were out of control, feral almost, ready to hurt, maim, and dominate if he had to. It turned me on as much as it frightened me. His free hand twisted in my hair as he pulled my head up and he secured me so that I couldn’t move. 
          I had to ignore the magnetic pull, I had to! “Please—” I hated that my tone was pleading, but Maddie was my baby sister and I’d always felt responsible for her, even after she married Ronald. I stared up at him, seeing no weakness but hoping for consideration. “Don’t take her.”Tears of frustration filled my eyes, but I refused to release them. Something inside of me said that this man would respect and respond to a fight more than he ever would weakness. I bit the inside of my lip to keep from pleading with him a second time. 
          His gaze fastened on my trembling mouth. His face lowered closer to mine, until I could smell the heady combination of smoke, whiskey, and something else on his warm breath, something spicy, dark. 
          Licorice? 
          It would have been funny if I hadn’t been pinned up against a hard wall by a hard body that showed signs of what it could do to satisfy me. He didn’t have to rub his cock against me, he was content to let the huge beast just pulse between my legs with a strength that frightened me. It had the power to claim me. I tried to pretend that nothing was happening, but a bubble of heat managed to sneak past my aching clit, and there was no denying the warmth of wetness soaking my thong. I clearly felt the slight spasms vibrating around my clit and the momentary weakness in my trembling thighs. 
          Holy shit! I think I just had an orgasm. Was that even possible? I shut my eyes so that he couldn’t see my involuntary reaction, but a tiny whimper escaped. God, this wasn’t happening to me. “Then I’ll take you.”





Dialogue Highlight:

          A loud noise at the door woke me abruptly. I wasn’t sure how long I’d been asleep, but it couldn’t have been long. I tried to open my eyes but gave up after a second. “Ty?”
          “No, it’s not fucking Ty, now open the damn door!”
          Oh, Stone sounded like an angry bear. All I could manage was a mumble. 
          “Rachel, open the fucking door!”
          I ignored him and buried my head under the blankets. 
          In the next instant a loud crash had me sitting up and fully awake. “What the—” Stone had kicked the door in and was charging toward me, and the look on his face was angry determination. “Are you crazy?”His tight-lipped silence began to alarm me. “Don’t touch me!”
          He ripped the covers from me and then reached down and pulled me up and over his shoulder. An unlady-like grunt escaped me, and I started to struggle as he turned and exited Ty’s room. “Put me down, Stone.”He totally ignored me and kept walking. “I’m not sleeping in a bed where you’ve just fucked a sweetbutt.”I growled. 
          I tried to ignore the feel and heat of his muscled arm across the top of my thighs, right beneath my bottom, naked skin against naked skin, and then I realized he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Well, of course not, if he’d been screwing Rita. I was dangling halfway down his back, and a nice back it was, too, his defined muscles all tatted up. Nice tight ass... 
          Wait a minute, what? 
          The man was naked! 
          “You’re naked!”I screeched. We entered his room and he elbowed the door shut. The next thing I knew I was being thrown onto the bed. 
          “I sleep naked,” he growled, watching as I bounced. “And you sleep there.”He pointed toward the side of the bed he’d dumped me. “Don’t make me hunt you down again.”
          I grabbed for the covers. “I—”
          “And close your mouth before I put something in it.”
          Ohmygod
          I know my jaw dropped, because I had to tell myself to close my mouth. My gaze dropped to his cock, which was huge and pointing up at me like it was accusing me of something. His last comment replayed in my mind, and all of a sudden all I could think about was sucking on that monster. Thank God he wasn’t a mind reader, but I feared that the intense heat enveloping my body and spreading over my cheeks would give me away. 
          Fuck
          He made me hungry. 
          My bikini panties seemed very inadequate right now, because I could feel them getting wet. Stone came to the bed and climbed in next to me. Once he was covered he snapped, “Go back to sleep.”
          Yeah, like that was going to happen while I lay there all hot and bothered, knowing that he was hard as stone. I closed my eyes anyway and willed myself to relax. After a few minutes of listening to us breathing I looked over at Stone. His eyes were closed, but I couldn’t be sure that he was sleeping. I wondered if I could reach down, slip my hand into my panties, and relieve myself without him knowing it. Could I get away with it? The image of his mouth-watering erection and thinking about that meaty muscle pounding into me and what it would feel like kept taunting me. 
          I released a heavy sigh, inching my hand beneath the covers. Moving slowly, I made my way to the elastic band of my underwear. I kept my gaze on Stone as I slowly started to lift the elastic. Then I caught my breath when in a lightning fast move Stone turned onto his side, grabbed my wrist, and opened his eyes. I froze beneath his knowing stare. He couldn’t possibly know what I’d been about to do. 
          He knew, damn him
          The steely fingers encircling my wrist slowly uncurled, releasing me. Then, as he nudged my hand aside, I thought my heart would jump out of my chest when he lifted the waistband of my panties and inched beneath the silk. Oh, fuck! I should stop him, I thought to myself, but I didn’t have the strength or the desire to. I began to tremble when his warm fingers reached my pelvic bone, then inched further below, lifting the hood that protected my clit. As soon as his finger brushed over my clit my hips left the bed. 
          Sweet Jesus, like the strike of a match I was sure I was going to incinerate. Nothing else mattered after that but the relief that I knew was coming. Stone played with my clit for a while, and then explored my labia before slipping smoothly inside. It felt so good, even better when he slipped a second finger inside me. 
          “Fuck, sweetheart, your cunt is tight.”
          Jimmy had always made it sound like a complaint, but Stone sounded pleased, like he couldn’t wait to fuck me. I shifted my hips to match his movements, which were slowly stealing my will from me. I moaned helplessly, so close to exploding that I knew it wouldn’t take much to push me over the edge. 
          Stone seemed to sense it. His fingers picked up speed, his thumb circled and pressed against my sensitive clit. 
          “Next time I’ll put my tongue in you.”
          Fuck! I bit my bottom lip, my breathing sounding loud and choppy in the surrounding darkness. But it wasn’t just mine. I could hear Stone’s harsh breathing too, could feel his warm breath against my cheek. He leaned closer, until his cock was against my leg. It was hot and hard, and he was thrusting as though he were inside me. 
          “Stone—” He was going in so deep. 
          “Come on, baby, fucking let it go,” he said against my ear. “I want to feel your cunt squeeze my fingers when you’re coming.”
          His teeth clamped down onto my neck. I screamed. 
          “Christ, now, Rachel!” he grunted, and I felt his hot release splashing over my thigh. 
          I screamed when my orgasm hit, losing total control, as ripple after ripple pulsed through my quaking body in volcanic waves. I’d never felt anything so intense. Feeling Stone spill his cum onto my leg was so fucking erotic, it overwhelmed my senses. 
          “Holy fuck,” he snarled, stilling. 
          My sentiments exactly, but I was too weak to do anything other than lay there.





Review: 

Rachel has gotten herself into a tricky situation. Fearing for her sister’s well-being, she knee-jerked an agreement to pose as collateral for a local MC. Her idiot brother-in-law foolishly stole from them thinking he wouldn’t get caught and put his wife – Rachel’s sister, Maddie – in danger. Now Rachel is on her way to a new life for a specified amount of time to both work off the debt and stay under the thumb of the MC; especially it’s ridiculously sexy, dangerous leader. She can’t begin to explain the intense attraction she feels toward Stone and she’s likely not going to be able to resist him for long. Despite her precarious situation, Stone is already occupying too much of her thoughts and fantasies. But a deal is a deal. She won’t turn tail and hide. When she accidentally overhears a conversation which more than likely poses an even greater threat to the safety of herself and Maddie, she risks leaving the MC to try an avoid the inevitable dangerous confrontation. She’s always had to rely on herself and taking orders from Stone; being under his protection; quickly becoming more than just a fling; is an entirely new experience for her. If she doesn’t learn to concede to Stone’s laws, she probably isn’t looking at a very long life span.

Stone is livid. Rachel continues to defy him at every opportunity. He understands her reasoning, but he’s trying to keep her and the MC safe and her foolhardy decisions are creating more havoc than should be occurring. Either way there is going to be a confrontation with Wildman. Nothing Rachel does will keep that from happening. MCs have rivals and many times that translates to fights. It’s the lifestyle. Keeping Rachel safe from herself and others is just the beginning of his problems though. The feisty temptress has completely muddled his brain. She’s all he can think of. A stranger to feelings this intense, he tries to bury the feelings as desire, and the simple explanation it provides. But soon even Stone can’t deny it’s gone way beyond lustful attraction. Stone is a hard ass, but as the leader of the MC, he has no other choice. He has to put the MC above all else. Every decision he makes affects his men; men who expect him to have their backs. If Rachel doesn’t capitulate to Stone’s demands and learn to trust him, he’s going to be forced into a decision he is loath to make.

OK – so I really dislike the book blurb. It doesn’t summarize much of anything and forget about drawing a reader in. What caught me was the cover and the fact that I picked this deliciously rough read up free. I have read a couple of MC books in the past – not many – but a few. Most of the time they possess a similar theme including rival MCs, a hard-ass leader, tough as nails members, MC above all else, and the woman who sets everything on tilt. I have noticed that these women don’t usually tame their men. Instead, they achieve a balance between respect for the MC and the love for their man. Never mind that describing any member as tamed would insult him and possibly get him killed anyway. I wouldn’t say this book is any different. It comes down to how well the story is told. And dang! I was caught up from the start. It’s not so much that the plot was fantastic, but that the story was engaging and drew you in from the first sentence. Always hanging off a bit of suspense as to what the next move would be, I remained curious as to what would be next to unfold with each page turn. The sexual heat between Stone and Rachel was off the charts hot. I’m not even sure how my e-reader didn’t melt into a puddle of goo. Seriously. Panty scorching. Many secondary characters were introduced, most of them part of the MC itself, and I could easily see stories for many of them in the future. Based on my quick bit of research, it seems as though that particular reality has yet to come to fruition. But I’d be more than willing to read anything that may come of the Dark Menace MC in the future. I also appreciated Rachel fighting back despite her attraction to Stone. She could have easily set back and let him handle everything. Not that he didn't. That's what he does. But being thrust into this world she doesn't understand, her actions, while incredibly stupid, are also real responses. Stone wants her to trust him, but really, how can you do that when you've only just met someone and under such forced circumstances? Not to mention she's been on her own for a long time and depending on someone else isn't something is accustomed to. 

My warning to anyone who prefers a sweet romance read ... when I say rough, I mean rough. Every aspect within these pages is as far from sweet as you can get. I only include this warning as a meter of sorts. I wouldn't want anyone to think it is something that it is not and find it to be completely different than expected. But even if you do prefer those more romantic reads, if you are looking for something different that will give you an experience like you've never had before, an MC themed book is definitely something that will deliver a thrill. 

There were a couple of things that were a bit far-fetched, one being the final fight scene. It was so well coordinated as far as clean up that I just didn’t believe the scene would have been as pristine as the author would have us believe. However, it was a good effort despite the unlikely feat of pulling it off. Ironically, the character I was most curious about was from another MC that had a copasetic relationship with the Dark Menace Club, Hawk. As a member of a different club, he probably wouldn’t be included with further Dark Menace reads, but I will be checking out any development for him in the future. Within the Dark Menace members, I was most intrigued by Ty and Trudy. They definitely need their own story. I got the distinct impression that there was a ton of unspoken discord lurking beneath Ty’s seemingly blasé exterior. Nonchalant with everything except Trudy, of course. But Ty has crap tp work out and I'd love to see all of that come to pass so he can claim Trudy fully. Overall, I was very happy with this book and hope to be able to experience more within the Dark Menace world soon. Stone and Rachel were a thrill getting to read about and a wonderful example of passion morphing into something unexpected. Something to cherish that you’ll put above all else when it comes down to the final moments. But, you know, in a tough way ... got to let these rough and tough members hang on to their masculine essence in the face of love. 😊 Dark heroes, fierce loyalty, a bit of suspense tossed in, and sexy af ... I will be back for sure!

Kindle version purchased for my own personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments! Say whatever is on your mind; just keep it respectful. I am always game for a conversation. :)